Friday 20 February 2015

A new direction

Is it really nearly March already? I'd better write another blog post then!

Last time I wrote about the watercolour paintings of wine glasses I was working on...well, I got sick of them and want to bring the figure back into my work. I have been using found imagery, from other artists' works and old magazine and newspaper articles, as well as my own photographs for my inspirations.




The Gift, oil on canvas, 2014-15














First off I tried some hands, as I have always found them very difficult. Then I tried a face. This is Mask, based upon a painting by Michael Borremans.

Mask, oil on canvas, 2015

If you like them, or even if you don't, please do leave me some feedback below. It always helps to hear what other people think. Thanks.

No comments: