Tuesday 4 March 2014

Wow...busy, busy, busy!

So it's pancake day! Hurrah, although I haven't actually made any today, as I'm strangely a bit sick of pancakes at the moment...

I was contacted two weeks ago by an advertising agency from Chicago and asked if I would be happy to produce a painting for a new advertisement for a particular brand of household paint (sorry, I don't think I can tell you yet!)

At first, I thought it maybe a scam - having been had by one a couple of years ago, it does make you very wary of anything that sounds too good to be true! - but, having checked them out on t'internet, it all seemed genuine, so I said yes, I was very interested. However, the job had to be finished and sent to a photographer in Los Angeles in four days! And it was half term - I had my kids with me.

Well I work in oils, and an oil painting would never be dry in time, so I had to brush off the old acrylics. The agency were very keen to help me with my composition, colours, etc. and of course, with the time difference - they are six hours behind us - there was a lot of late night alterations to make...but I made it in time!

However, Parcelforce Worldwide did not, and it got there a day late! That was a shame, but the agency apparently liked what I'd painted for them. But I can't show you....can I? Oh why not? They're not likely to be reading this, are they? Let's hope not. Here you go...

Pancake Mix, oil on board, 2014


1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE THIS you clever thing you!!